The Watford Palace Theatre invites SMEs to its first Business Buzz of 2013 on 15th January
Since its debut in February 2012, the Business Buzz series of networking events has been attended by 564 unique businesses across Hertfordshire. On 15th January, The Watford Palace Theatre plays host to Business Buzz Watford, welcoming the local business community to meet, connect and share.
Katrina Sargent, one of the founders of the Business Buzz network, recognised that many SMEs were absorbed in the day-to-day running of their businesses, so were missing out on opportunities right on their doorstep.
“Business Buzz Watford is held in the centre of town, making it accessible for local business owners to walk down, drop in and connect. These businesses are often facing the same challenges, so this gives them a great platform to learn from each other and recommend new connections and business opportunities that will help one another succeed.”
Business Buzz is an informal and relaxed networking event, with no advanced bookings and just £5 on the door, which includes free teas and coffees from 10am – 12pm.
2013 sees the launch of the Business Buzz newsletter which is an opportunity for local businesses to be seen and heard by buzzing businesses across the whole network. This includes: Watford, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Harpenden and soon to launch Hertford and Tring.
Francesca Bonn, host of Business Buzz Watford said: “Having attended a number of networking events it is the relaxed and informal nature of the Business Buzz which makes it stand out. As well as the core group of businesses already benefiting from adding to their network on a regular basis, the drop-in environment allows other SMEs to join us when they can.
“New people are always welcome and if they are new to networking or would like to be connected to particular businesses, then that’s where I come in. I get real satisfaction connecting businesses that can work together. As an active networker my portfolio of contacts is vast which enables me to introduce and match individuals, dependent on their specific requirements, to everybody’s benefit.”
– ENDS –
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Business Buzz is £5 to attend, payable on the door, no booking needed
- Business Buzz Watford is held on Tuesday 15th January and the third Tuesday of every month at The Palace Theatre, 20 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1JZ
- Business Buzz St Albans is held on Thursday 17th January and the third Thursday of every month throughout the year, at The Slug and Lettuce, 13-15 Victoria Street, Town Centre, Saint Albans, Hertfordshire AL1 3JJ
- Business Buzz Harpenden is held on the first Thursday of every month at The George, 4 High Street, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2TB
- Business Buzz Hemel Hempstead is held on the second Thursday of every month at The Olde Kings Arms, High Street, Old Town, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP1 3AF
- For more information, visit: http://www.business-buzz.org/
- Follow Business Buzz on Twitter:@bizbuzzherts
- For more information or to speak to Francesca Bonn or Katrina Sargent, please contact: Shelley Doyle at Present PR on 01727 894975 / 07764 497362 or by email: email@example.com