- Bring Plenty of Business Cards
- Take notes (You will never remember everyone!)
- Practice your pitch, be precise, be memorable and don’t forget to let people know what you are looking for!
- Be organised, you will be accumulating a lot of information, make sure you store in a way that you will find easy to follow up after the event
- Take a keen interest in the other businesses, this event is designed as an introduction, think about how you might be able to help others.
- Be open and open minded, you might not have a direct use for someone else’s services but who do you know that might benefit from an introduction?
- Respect the table host, your fellow networkers and the process, move swiftly and safely to your next table during the time specified.
- After the event make sure you follow up with other people that you connected with on the night to expand on the introduction to explore potential opportunities.
- Smile and enjoy the experience, everyone in the room are there for the same reason as you, be present!
You never know where your next new business connection will take you!